Maintenance for Oiled Floors
MAINTENANCE & RESTORATION
The oil finish can be cleaned with liquids once fully cured. Cleaning should only be done with the recommended Monocoat products.
Respect the curing period as note:
Oil Plus & 2C Part A 21 days
Oil Plus 2C A & B 6 days
UV Oil upon installation
Prior to curing the finish can be dry mopped or vacuumed.
Once cured use one of the following cleaning products:
* Surface Care Spray: ready to use, non-residue cleaner.
* Natural Soap: concentrated version of Surface Care Spray.
* Satin Soap: cleaning product that increases the sheen of the finish.
* High Traffic Protection: cleaning product that increases the sheen and adds a protective layer.
Which cleaning product is right for you?
* Maintenance of the natural oil finish? Surface Care Spray and/or Natural Soap.
* Increase the sheen? Satin Soap
* Increase the sheen and protection? High Traffic Protection
RESTORATION & REJUVENATION
Restoration or Rejuvenation is a simple process that can be carried out anytime. Most residences will do a restoration between 3–6 years. Most commercial applications will do a restoration between 1-3 years. The time frame varies greatly based on abrasion and wear.
The two products for this process:
* Refresh: used to restore the texture of the finish.
* Maintenance Oil: Restores the texture and color.
Monocoat Natural Oil finish bonding technology allows local touch up of damaged areas or scratches
Sand the repair area as needed to remove damage and expose raw wood.
Dampen the area with water. Allow to completely dry.
Apply with a cotton cloth, the same color oil that was used originally to coat the floor.
Let it react for 10 minutes. Wipe the excess oil off with a cloth, dampened with Monocoat Oil.
For repairing minor scratches, follow the above instructions but skip sanding.